- Job Title: Mentoring Coordinator
- Contract: 3 month probation, permanent position
- Location: North London
- Salary: unpaid voluntary
- Reports to: Director
- Hours: full time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a Mentoring Coordinator for our grassroots initiative, MaarifaBuddy. The mentoring coordinator will be responsible for the development, management and administration of the programme. This role will report directly to the director.
- Applicants must have a valid DBS check or be able to provide the necessary information for Maarifacircle to apply for a DBS check on their behalf.
- Ability to have conversations with young people of African heritage from a range of backgrounds
- Must be a self starter.
- An awareness of challenges young Africans in the UK face and in the diaspora.
- Understanding of the support young people may require to overcome barriers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Recording notes at mentoring sessions.
- Meeting with parents and dealing with any queries or concerns.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the programme via feedback questionnaires, verbal feedback, and mentor logs
- Understanding and managing all elements of mentor recruitment from application, arranging interview, training and ongoing support
- Where necessary, organising events across London such as coffee get-togethers, social events & training.
- Facilitating mentoring sessions.
- Consulting with the director on a weekly basis, reporting on the progress of the mentor program.
- Preparing & distributing materials promotion of the mentor program.
- Maintaining digital records on the mentor program and participants.
- Taking a lead role in exploring community collaborations and developing supplemental support services for young people.
Key performance indicators:
- Positive feedback from volunteers, parents and young people.
- Number of volunteers recruited, inducted, trained, deployed.
- Number of young people successfully matched with mentors.
- Retention of mentors.
Please submit a cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.